Monday, August 31, 2009

She's gone up a few notches...

So, I've made my opinion clear on how I feel about Miley Cyrus. I don't need to go over it, because knowing me I'll just break out the way too long list of reasons why I think she needs to go away.

However, in the past few days she's earned a few points in my book. +1 for a catchy song--you may have pole-danced your way through the performance, Miley, but "Party in the U.S.A." is one earworm that I'm digging. It's different than your other stuff (thank God) and it's kind of surprising coming from her. Also, +1 for being a fan of Matchbox 20/Rob Thomas. I was surfing through her twitpics and I noticed a few of the pictures had song lyrics from both Matchbox 20 and Rob Thomas songs. Anyone that is a fan of them, ALWAYS gets a +1. Especially since it seems to me like his/their music goes unappriciated and unnoticed--which is a shame, because I personally believe that Rob Thomas is one of the most unique song writers of his time. Right up there in my book with Ryan Tedder (OneRepublic). Actually, they're tied.

No comments: