Tuesday, February 2, 2010


The other day my mom and I were talking about places we would like to run away to. Jamaica was definitely on the list.

I can't believe it's been over ten years since I've been to the islands in the Caribbean. I miss it so much, and I think a part of me has missed it since the day I left. The warm breeze on my face, the feeling of the lukewarm water, the bright white sandy beaches...I swear, every turn was an opportunity to see a real life postcard. I honestly love everything about the Caribbean.

I know that someday I'll return, and I know I will be at an age where I can appreciate it a little more. I was so young and so overwhelmed by sensory overload. Honestly, to get a good impression of the Caribbean you have to visit more than once. There's so much to see and feel and do.

I know I'll go back. Someday.

2 comments:

The Owl Diary said...

um excuse me, but how did i not know you've been to jamaica?

Gwen said...

Seriously!? Oh man...I'll have to tell you about it someday.